Below you'll find:
- A curated list of my best pieces of content on gamification
- My favorite outside resources to consume on gamification
This is the Gamification resource list I wish I had 3 years ago.
I recommend save 1-2 pieces of content in each section and come back to this list later as you learn more. I HIGHLY recommend you start with my pillar piece, Life Is A Game: Here's How You Play.
Don’t overwhelm yourself, have fun! 🎊
👋Hi, I'm Aidan Helfant!
I used to be addicted to video games like a fish is addicted to water.
Now I have turned real life into a game. I have reignited my childhood curiosity and fallen back in love with learning. Having invested more than 1000+ hours into learning to gamify my health, work, relationships, and learning, I want to teach you what I've learned in a fraction of the time.
🌟My Top 7 Pieces Of Content On Gamification
🎮Gamifying Your Life As A Whole:
🎓Supercharging Your Learning With Gamification
- How Gamers Can Use Games To 10x Their Learning Effectiveness In Real Life
- 🎮AIP 67 How I Gamified My Obsidian To Make Notemaking More Fun Then Minecraft
- 🎙️E13 Yu-Kai Chou: Using The Octalysis Framework To Gamify Life, Learning, and Business
❤️🩹Supercharging Your Health With Gamification
🏢Supercharging Your Work With Gamification
- 2 Part Series On How I Gamified My Life To Enter Flow More Consistently
- I Gamified My Productivity System With Habitica For a Month
- 2 Lessons I Have Taken From Games To 10x My Productivity, In Less Time, While Having More Fun
👪Supercharging Your Relationships With Gamification
- 📸YouTube Channel: Join 4000+ gamers to gamify their lives, learn Obsidian notetaking, and create their best life.
- 📨Newsletter: Join 1500+ subscribers on Aidan’s Infinite Play receiving weekly actionable tips helping gamers gamify their lives, learn Obsidian notetaking, and create their best life.
- 🎙️Podcast: Join 100s of listeners on Personal Knowledge Management With Aidan Helfant, a bi-weekly podcast interviewing people about how they use their PKM systems for work, creativity, and life. I have interviewed people such as Nicole Van Der Hoeven, Nick Milo, and Danny Hatcher.
📚Best Books On Gamification
- Actionable Gamification: discusses how we can gamify our lives and business through the Octalysis Framework. To this day, the Octalysis framework is the best framework I have ever seen for understanding human motivation on a holistic level.
- Reality Is Broken: discusses why reality isn't as engaging as games and how we can use games literally and metaphorically to make it a better place.
- SuperBetter: discusses how by taking game mindsets and integrating them in real life, we can improve our health, work, and relationships.
📸Gamification Playlist On YouTube: This includes ALL of my content on gamification I have ever made. You're in for a ride...
Want to reach out to me with a question, future video or blog post idea, or to become a guest on my podcast?
You can reach me in one of these ways. I will try and respond as soon as possible but I'm a busy guy. Please don't get mad at me if I miss your contact. Pretty please.